Monday, September 22, 2008

The Arrival of Fall

Pin It
About 10 minutes ago, it was officially fall. What a feeling. Temperatures dipping, okay, so dipping into the low 80's, but it's better than the 100 degree days of a month ago. It's my favorite time to bake and cook, but also my favorite time to work at Williams Sonoma.

There's a revival of baking and cooking this time of year. It must be partly due to the intoxicating aromas of cinnamon and spices as well as the cool temperatures inside as well as out. Football season kicks into full gear, and everyone starts to anticipate the holidays. The store is beautiful right now. It lures you into baking, and makes it easy too. There's no rush yet, people really want to pause and enjoy the fall.

There is only a week and change left in September, and I haven't baked a single apple anything. Friday night is Homecoming, so I'll bake Apple Pie Squares later in the week. I have a great recipe for Apple Cookies that I may dig up too. But honestly, it's pumpkin that has me excited. Pumpkin creme brulee, pumpkin muffins with chocolate chunks, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, so many ideas. Maybe even toasted pumpkin seeds this year. So now you know what October holds!

The early part of this week however is devoted to house keeping. Stripping wallpaper, grocery shopping, errands. I hate when all that boring stuff gets in my way of the kitchen. Hold on, I will be back mixing it up! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment