Friday, August 27, 2010

The Tasty Thank You

Pin It

I come from a family of thank-you note writers. It is not optional in this family, and everyone pretty much complies. We are all a little more lenient on the college kids (ahem) whose parents aren't nagging them to get them out. But we all know, no matter your age, the Grands (that's Grandma and Grandpa) expect them. Recently I was at the Grand's home in Florida with a few teenage girls for the Harry Potter excursion. One of these sweet girls got violently ill. Now it takes a lot to scare me, but 10 straight hours of vomiting will do it. I was at a loss, and remembered the terrific "geriatric" pediatrician who lives next door. We call her that because A. she is so good to my aging parents and they ask her for advice and B. she has a great sense of humor.

I'm not sure she was thrilled to hear from the neighbors/daughter/from out of town, early on a Sunday morning, but I was one desperate mom. She couldn't have been nicer. She called in some "No More Puking Pills" and gave me the low down on introducing fluids and food. It took a good day, but Jessica was back in the world of the living and off to Busch Gardens with us in a day. So I decided that I needed a special thank you. So I baked Doctor Cookies. Now they have a bit of refining to be done, but I think it is a good start. I had to sort of improvise with other cookie cutters and my icing was too wet. But I made prescription pads, a pill bottle and the white coat. Thanks Dr. Lori, you are the best!!!!Since I was at it, I decided to make a few for my future favorite doctor. My niece Anna started medical school this week at the University of Iowa, and I am as proud of her as her own momma. She is an amazing athlete, beautiful, and so dang smart. I am praying for a Plastic Surgeon, but I think she has higher aspirations than her aging aunts. Shoot. Oh well, Good Luck Anna, we all know you will be an amazing physician.
Kinda makes ya want to do something I can thank YOU for huh? Hee Hee.

1 comment:

  1. what kid (or parent) does not like cookies! They are soooo cute! Great job! You are the most creative cookie maker around!

    ReplyDelete