Friday, April 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies With Coconut Oil

Pin It




Yep, I just had to bake more.  Maybe you saw my post on the Chocolate Chip Cookie that I made with coconut oil?  Well, I am a non cookie eater, really, I bake them primarily.  But I was into the chocolate chip ones for sure.  Then I had that peanut better hankering.  Remember that commercial? "Hey, you got peanut butter in my chocolate?"

Perfect together!

The easiest way to measure peanut butter, coconut oil, anything goopy!

That's what I was going for here.  I didn't find a perfect recipe, so I made my own.  I know it sounds crazy, but these cookies have no grease factor.  None.  You know that greasy print a butter cookie makes?  Nope.  Nada.  I do not proclaim these healthy, just an alternative.  Did I mention I am making these for my kids Finals Week Survival boxes?  Hope they make it to the post office.....



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies With Coconut Oil

1 cup coconut oil
1 1/4 cup peanut butter  (I use creamy, but you can use crunchy)
2 cups light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Lyle's Golden Syrup (obscure, but worth finding)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 bags of chocolate chips

Cream the coconut oil, brown sugar and peanut butter until well blended.  Add Lyle's and vanilla and both eggs.  Add the flour and baking soda and mix until incorporated.  The dough will be smooth and shiny.

Delicious refiner's syrup.  Beats corn syrup any day!


REMEMBER:  Coconut oil is liquid at warm temperatures, like a kitchen in summer.  So you will want it chilled if necessary before creaming it.



Make 1 inch blobs of dough on a Silpat covered cookie sheet and bake at 350F for about 9 minutes.  I move them top to bottom halfway through the baking time.  Cool on a wire rack.  Deeeelicious!

So, what are you waiting for?  Get in there and bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment