Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Me and My Airbrush!

Pin It




So after Cookie Con in Salt Lake City, I decided I needed an airbrush.  After all, what was I going to do with all the stencils I bought!  This is the new thing in cookies for sure.   I wish it was as simple as just buying it, however!  I had to find it in stock, order some airbrush colors, make a gizmo for my stencils (it's a technical thing), and then practice.  So I took out every baked cookie in my freezer and gave them a basic base coat.  Then I dug around in my scrapbooking box (I have ZERO finished scrapbooks mind you, but all the stuff!), cookie convention folders and the art bin and I found all kinds of cool stencils.  So I loaded the airbrush and went to town.  This is fun!  And my hairdresser was delighted to receive all those random cookie shapes!



Then I took out my blank Easter bunnies and iced and stenciled them too!  My family oohed and ahhed over them, and the truth is, they were ridiculously easy!  Finally,  I was lucky enough to have a friend working on her granddaughter's birthday favors, and they were Doc McStuffin themed which meant...chevron stencil!




I don't make character cookies (unless it's was for a display at Williams Sonoma like Sesame Street or Star Wars) so I went with the chevrons and a 3, which worked well with the invites.  Baby shower...okay, stencil!  Grad party....woohoo, stencil!  Truthfully, I have airbrushed everything!





Even a baby shower, and they were just the perfect sheen under the lettering.  I am so happy with this thing, I can't wait to make more cookies.  I am hosting a political fundraiser this weekend and am looking for a star stencil that fills my need!  What are you waiting for....bake and airbrush!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment